Monday 12 April 2010

Presentations at Streatham Library


After very successful presentations at Streatham Library in January and at Streatham Society
in March, I have managed to secure another date for two slideshow presentations of my Streatham High Road project at Streatham Library.

The presentation will be about 1h long with a slideshow of images and a discussion about the project, my experiences and your comments afterwards. Save the date, and I hope to see you all there!


When: Friday, April 23rd @ 4pm & 7pm

Where: Streatham Library

63 Streatham High Road

I have written about my experiences with the over 50's group in my blog entry on February 8th. However, the presentation at the Streatham Society Meeting was no less lively with many of the audience participating eagerly in the discussion afterwards. For me these discussions with the locals are very interesting - they give a great insight into the community. While the audience loved the images, the discussion showed that at the same time they find it challenging to see contemporary Streatham in a positive light.

Nevertheless, I hope that my images with their vibrancy of colours that adorn the shops, and which reflects the road’s ethnic diversity, in combination with the portraits of all the wonderful local people will be at least a starting point to see this area from a different perspective:

A perfect microcosm of multicultural Britain with all its difficulties as well as all its beauty and opportunities.

All images ©SusanneHakuba2009
More images at www.susannehakuba.com

Steve & Jazz


Mbark




Niesha



Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment